Restaurant owners vow to go on after fire
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A fire damaged an iconic Fayetteville restaurant Thursday evening and now the owners are trying to regroup.
The fire happened around 5 p.m. at Peaden's Seafood, which is located in the 1600 block of McArthur Road.
No one was injured. Everyone inside was able to evacuate safely.
Fire officials are still trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the blaze. However, it may have started in some electrical lighting along the roof.
Most of the fire, smoke and water damage was contained in the dining area --- not the kitchen.
Ricky and Jimmy Peaden, who own the business, spent the day talking with insurance agents assessing the damage. They want to get the business up and running again as soon as possible.
"The way I'm working right now. [I'm] trying to just keep up what we've got going on this weekend," said Ricky Peaden. "Thank God again nobody got hurt. That's the biggest thing. The fire department... they were here so quick and put it out. And there's a lot to be said. We've been blessed."
The restaurant opened 1972 and the owners have been up and down the East Coast serving their style of barbecue since 1985.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas 10 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help