Accident ties up Friday morning traffic in Raleigh
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A single-vehicle accident shut down parts of Capital Boulevard in Raleigh Friday morning.
The accident happened on Capital Boulevard near Highwoods Boulevard. The car struck a utility pole and a traffic cam near the intersection.
As a result, northbound Capital Boulevard is closed temporarily between the Beltline and Highwoods Boulevard and southbound Capital Boulevard has been reduced to two lanes in the area.
No one was injured in the accident and it remains under investigation.
Traffic was diverted for hours during the morning commute, but all lanes of Capital Boulevard reopened around 8 a.m.
wake county, i440, accident, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help