Teacher jailed after new allegation surfaces
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A Cumberland County school teacher is back in jail after a second victim came forward with claims that he was sexually abused.
Police said 46-year old Bradley Norman Dent, of Fayetteville, was taken into custody Friday afternoon after a 17-year old victim told investigators that Dent forced him to have sexual contact inside Dent's home.
Dent faces charges of second degree forcible sex offense and first degree kidnapping.
Last Monday, Dent was charged by Fayetteville police officers with similar charges involving a 15-year old victim. He posted bail and was later released from jail.
Dent is a fourth grade teacher at Long Hill Elementary School. Last Monday, he was placed on suspension with pay.
Dent remains in jail on $250,000 bond and could face even more charges.
Anyone who may have had inappropriate contact with Dent is urged to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500, or the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856.
cumberland county, sex offense, local/state
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County 31 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting 10 min ago
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death 27 min ago
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash 41 min ago
- Powerball jackpot closing in on another record
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
- Landing gear issue leads to plane's belly landing
- Rumor: Beyonce pregnant?
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Raleigh holds annual backyard chicken coops tour
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos