Historic Fayetteville building destroyed by fire
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Firefighters battled a blaze in Fayetteville's historic City Rescue Mission early Tuesday morning.
The fire started around 4:16 a.m. at the building at North Cool Spring and Adams Streets.
Crews were able to get the fire under control just before 6 a.m., but the wood building - believed to date to the 1800s - was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos