Alleged intruder caught, other on loose
MT. OLIVE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Wayne County boy who was home alone while his home was robbed was able to alert authorities, which led to a quick arrest.
When the boy heard the alleged intruders, he hid in the closet and called 911.
A state trooper was in the area and was able to arrive at the residence on Everett Road in Mt. Olive in time to see the suspect's vehicle leave the scene.
When the trooper tried to stop the suspect's vehicle, two suspects jumped out of the car and ran away.
Officials were able to locate one of the suspects, but the other got away. Officials arrested 20-year-old Linwood LeGrande West and charged him with breaking and entering, larceny, and possession of stolen goods.
West is being held on $65,000 bond. Because there were two other warrants on West from Wayne and Duplin Counties, he received an extra $15,000 bond.
All of the stolen property was recovered in the back seat of the suspects' vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing and further arrests are pending.
wayne county, robbery, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help