One shot in home invasion
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating a home invasion style robbery in the 3500 block of Beechnut Court.
According to investigators, three men - two armed with guns - burst into the home around 8 a.m.
They allegedly pistol whipped 22-year-old Garion Mangum and shot 24-year-old Richard Squire when he struggled with them.
They got away with personal property and cash.
Mangum and Squire were taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police were combing through the crime scene looking for clues.
They were looking for a silver colored Toyota 4-Runner believed to be used in the crime. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Yount with the Fayetteville Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state, gilbert baez
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy