High school wrestler dies in Scotland County
SCOTLAND COUNTY, N.C. -- A 17-year-old high school wrestler has died after suffering an asthma attack during practice Monday.
Tavarius Hall was working to be part of the Scotland High School team after transferring from St. Pauls High School just a few months ago.
Scotland County schools spokesman Andy Cagle said Hall started experiencing distress at practice and the school's athletic trainer was called. Cagle says that's when Hall stopped breathing.
Mike Edge with Scotland County Emergency Services says bystanders were performing CPR when an ambulance arrived. Hall was taken to Scotland Memorial Hospital where he died.
Family members said Hall was born with asthma, but never had any severe attacks before.
Cagle said 10 counselors were at the school Tuesday working with students who need help grieving.
Funeral arrangements have not been set.
scotland county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help