Flight attendant squabble sends plane back to RDU
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Officials at Raleigh Durham International Airport said a Chicago bound United Airlines flight was forced to return to RDU after a squabble broke out between two flight attendants Wednesday morning.
RDU spokesperson Mindy Hamlin said there had apparently been an earlier disagreement between the attendants that escalated when one accidentally brushed the other.
The captain of the plane brought the aircraft back to RDU and requested to be met by law enforcement.
Investigators determined no blows were exchanged and no assault had taken place. There were no arrests.
Hamlin said United Flight 1214 left the gate at 6 a.m. and returned at 6:40. Seats on other flights were found for passengers.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help