Flight attendant squabble sends plane back to RDU
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Officials at Raleigh Durham International Airport said a Chicago bound United Airlines flight was forced to return to RDU after a squabble broke out between two flight attendants Wednesday morning.
RDU spokesperson Mindy Hamlin said there had apparently been an earlier disagreement between the attendants that escalated when one accidentally brushed the other.
The captain of the plane brought the aircraft back to RDU and requested to be met by law enforcement.
Investigators determined no blows were exchanged and no assault had taken place. There were no arrests.
Hamlin said United Flight 1214 left the gate at 6 a.m. and returned at 6:40. Seats on other flights were found for passengers.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped