One dead, two injured in Edgecombe County shooting
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- An argument in Edgecombe County turned violent and now one man is dead and two others injured.
It happened around 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Midlakes Trailer Park, which is just outside of Tarboro.
The Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office said 25-year-old Ezekias Tillery and 32-year-old Jestestric Jones got into an argument and began shooting at one another. Tillery was shot and pronounced dead at the scene. Jones was injured and taken to the hospital.
Authorities said a third man, 49-year-old Christopher Bottoms, was hit by a stray bullet and also taken to the hospital.
Charges are pending.
edgecombe county, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire 12 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes 6 min ago
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle 37 min ago
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives 9 min ago
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
20 min ago
- Search and rescue efforts continue in...
17 min ago
- 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle
37 min ago