Fundraiser held for injured Fort Bragg soldier
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A fundraiser was held Friday for a Fort Bragg soldier badly injured in Afghanistan.
Staff Sgt. Eric Myers lost both of his legs when he stepped on an IED on May 12. The soldier now faces a long and expensive road to recovery. The military is covering much of the costs of his care, but expenses for his family are still adding up.
There will be a barbecue dinner fundraiser Friday at Long Hill Elementary in Fayetteville for anyone who would like to help. The dinner is scheduled for 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will cost $8 a plate.
There will also be a bake sale, 50-50 raffle, and silent auction.
cumberland county, fort bragg, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 40 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 36 min ago
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
57 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help