Police: Man climbed into bed with sleeping students
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- N.C. State students are on alert after police said a man entered an unlocked home on Chamberlain Street early Friday morning and climbed into bed with two female students.
The suspect rubbed his hands on the legs and back of the females before they awoke. He then fled the scene on foot. Neither female was harmed.
Raleigh police said they have investigated several cases involving a person who matches this suspect's description in 2011. All of the incidents have happened in the neighborhoods north of Hillsborough Street. All were off campus.
The suspect in Friday's incident is described as a black male, approximately 6 feet tall, muscular build, dark complexion with a short afro. He was wearing a dark colored t-shirt and jeans.
Police recommend the usual precautions: lock your doors and windows, be aware of your surroundings, and don't walk alone especially at night.
Anyone with information related to this case, is urged to call police at (919) 829-1911.
wake county, nc state, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank 16 min ago
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
16 min ago