Police: Three arrests made in killing near NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Three people are now in custody in connection with a shooting death near N.C. State University early Monday.
Police arrested 23-year-old Todd Harris in Franklin County Tuesday. Twenty-one-year-old Quamir Rogers and 27-year-old Twanisha Stewart were arrested Monday. All three are charged with the murder of 29-year-old Markeith Tennessee.
It's not the first time that Harris has been arrest by Raleigh police. He was charged last week with communicating threats and assault, but the victim Tennessee.
Tennessee was found shot to death around 12:30 a.m. at an apartment in the 4000 block of Neely Street, which is about three blocks from campus.
Because of the proximity to the school, the campus was put on alert, but investigators said it does not appear the shooting was related to the university.
Sughrue said the incident did not appear to be a random act.
Family members told ABC11 they don't know who would want to harm a young father of four who looked out for his neighbors.
Tennessee's sister recounted what he did for a woman who found herself short of cash.
"He went to buy Pampers for her grandbaby when she didn't have the money. Stuff like that. But he loved kids," she said.
The family is asking anyone with information to come forward.
"Somebody's gonna tell me something! What they know, whatever it is they know. They said they don't really know much, but somebody knows something!" said Tennessee's sister.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for instructions on reporting a tip online or by text message.
The case remains under investigation.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Tractor trailer collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs 29 min ago
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
- Landing gear issue leads to plane's belly landing
- Rumor: Beyonce pregnant?
- Raleigh holds annual backyard chicken coops tour
- NC beach town celebrates 50th anniversary
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners 13 min ago
- Will Boy Scouts accept gay youth? Vote is imminent 21 min ago
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
29 min ago