Durham police investigate another trail assault
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating an assault that happened Monday afternoon on the American Tobacco Trail near Fayetteville Road and Woodcroft Parkway.
A man told officers he was walking on the trail around 3:40 p.m. when a man approached him, demanded money and then punched him several times. The suspect fled without getting anything from the victim.
The victim suffered only minor injuries.
The suspect was described as a black male in his early 20s and approximately 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue windbreaker and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200.
There have been at least a dozen attacks on the trail in the past year.
durham county, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge