Suspects identified in Fayetteville bank robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Police in Fayetteville have identified the men believed to be involved in a robbery at the First Citizens Bank in the 2600 block of Bragg Boulevard last Friday.
Authorities issued arrest warrants this week for 31-year-old Michael Donte Campbell and 30-year-old Lonnie Edward Russell.
They said shortly before 11:30 a.m. Friday, the suspects walked into the bank with weapons and demanded money. After taking an undisclosed amount of money, they then fled the scene.
Both men are charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, and second degree kidnapping.
During a search of the suspects' home, officers arrested Campbell's brother, 24-year-old Martinez Campbell for possession of a weapon by a felon.
On Wednesday, authorities arrested Russell. Michael Campbell is still wanted by police.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency, detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, bank robbery, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help