NC victim of salmonella tainted peanut butter
NASH COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A local child was sickened after eating tainted peanut butter purchased at Trader Joe's.
Eight-year-old Nathan Lebron, of Nash County, is feeling better these days, but a few weeks ago he was a very sick boy.
Nathan's parents believe his illness is the result of Valencia peanut butter they purchased at Trader Joe's in Raleigh or Chapel Hill.
Nathan's symptoms began in late August with stomach cramps and within days he had bloody diarrhea.
He ended up at Wilson Medical Center for three days.
The Lebrons are so upset they filed a lawsuit against the company that makes the peanut butter and Trader Joe's as well.
The salmonella outbreak prompted U.S. health officials to expand the recall.
Some of the country's largest grocery stores are pulling several nut butters and other products including peanut, almond and cashew butters.
The Centers for Disease Control said there are now at least 30 salmonella illnesses in 19 states.
edgecombe county, nash county, local/state, ed crump
- Large amount of meth found near RDU airport 4 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident 54 min ago
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Officials investigating possible tornado...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos