One person killed in late night accident
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- One person was killed Wednesday night when two SUVs collided on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh, according to authorities.
The accident happened around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Glenwood Avenue and Ebenezer Church Road.
Authorities said 26-year-old Stephanie Anne Smith was traveling east on Glenwood Avenue near Ebenezer Church Road when her 2006 Toyota SUV ran off the road, crossed the median, and drove into the westbound lanes of Glenwood Avenue.
Her vehicle then struck a 2001 Toyota SUV driven by 56-year-old Lidia Del Valle Armeniakos. Armeniakos was taken to Duke University Hospital, where she died a short time later.
Smith was taken to WakeMed with non life-threatening injuries. She was later charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time. Further details have not been released.
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help