Romney supporter says vandals shredded sign
APEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- Vandals are targeting political signs in one Apex neighborhood.
A Romney/Ryan supporter said he found the signs in his yard shredded this week.
Bob Centamore and his wife said they were hit not once, but twice. They said someone shredded their Romney support sign, left it in a baggie and left their own note behind.
"I don't mind disagreement," said Centamore. "In fact, it's good to be able to debate the topics, but to do it like a thief in the night, in the cover of darkness, it's cowardly."
It appears the same person then came back and left another note on their porch Thursday morning.
They have already reported the incidents to authorities. They said they are leaving the sign up to show that they are not backing down.
wake county, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos