Police: More children kept in home with sex offender
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Cumberland County authorities have filed additional charges against a local daycare owner for allowing her sex offender boyfriend to live with her, while she ran a babysitting business inside her home.
Investigators said between June 30 and July 31, 52-year old Yvonne Monroe allowed her boyfriend, 56-year old Theodore Brazell to live with her while she babysat two children.
Monroe owns "Mema's Daycare," located in the 5100 block of Utile Drive in Fayetteville.
The latest charges against Monroe stem from Monroe keeping six additional children in the home while Brazell lived at the residence.
Brazell, who is a sex offender, was arrested on July 27 for failing to register his new residence, and for living too close to a school and other daycares in the area. He is being held under a $386,000 bond.
Monroe is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center. Bond has not yet been determined.
Investigators ask anyone with knowledge of other children that Monroe may have exposed to a registered sex offender while in her care to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
cumberland county, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade