Police: More children kept in home with sex offender
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Cumberland County authorities have filed additional charges against a local daycare owner for allowing her sex offender boyfriend to live with her, while she ran a babysitting business inside her home.
Investigators said between June 30 and July 31, 52-year old Yvonne Monroe allowed her boyfriend, 56-year old Theodore Brazell to live with her while she babysat two children.
Monroe owns "Mema's Daycare," located in the 5100 block of Utile Drive in Fayetteville.
The latest charges against Monroe stem from Monroe keeping six additional children in the home while Brazell lived at the residence.
Brazell, who is a sex offender, was arrested on July 27 for failing to register his new residence, and for living too close to a school and other daycares in the area. He is being held under a $386,000 bond.
Monroe is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center. Bond has not yet been determined.
Investigators ask anyone with knowledge of other children that Monroe may have exposed to a registered sex offender while in her care to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
cumberland county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help