Police search for McDonald's robbery suspect
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are searching for a man wanted in connection with an attempted robbery of a fast food restaurant.
Police said a male suspect approached a truck driver who was making a delivery to the McDonald's restaurant in the 2800 block of Wake Forest Road shortly before 3 a.m. on Sept. 24.
The suspect then forced the driver at gunpoint into the restaurant and announced a robbery. The suspect fled before ever taking any cash.
The man then fled the scene in a two-tone mid-90s model Chevrolet Caprice that has aftermarket rims.
Surveillance photos show the suspect as a black male in his 20s to 30s who stands about 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 165-180 pounds. He was wearing a Yankees baseball hat, dark trousers, and a dark colored, zip-up fleece jacket with gray shoulders.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide