Police: Man robbed, shot while selling puppies
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man has been arrested and police are searching for another in connection with a robbery in Durham.
Police said on Thursday just before 3:45 p.m. two men were in Wellons Village on N. Miami Boulevard trying to sell puppies. The men gave their number out to several prospective buyers and then left the area.
Later that day, one of those prospective buyers called the sellers and arranged to meet at an apartment.
When the sellers went to the apartment on Wittenberg Way, two men came out of the woods at Sherwood Park. One suspect showed a gun and demanded the sellers' money.
One of the sellers legally carried his own gun and the suspect saw it.
Then the suspect shot one of the sellers in the chest and stole a wallet and two cell phones. The two suspects then fled the scene on foot.
Police later arrested 22-year-old Taijon Lloyd, of Durham, in connection with the robbery. Investigators are now seeking a second suspect.
Investigators are seeking information regarding the identity of the second suspect. The suspect is described as a black male late 20's to early 30's approximately 5'9" tall with a "beer belly" weighing approximately 200-215 lbs. He was described as having light brown caramel skin, a round face, and had an overall dirty appearance. He was described as having "zig zag" matted cornrows.
Lloyd is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of stolen goods, and obtaining property by false pretenses.
Anyone with information should contact CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, robbery, shooting, local/state
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif. 45 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge 36 min ago
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen