Teenager hospitalized after Durham shooting
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham Police are investigating a shooting that happened Saturday morning that left a teenager hospitalized.
Officers responded to the intersection of Nebo Street and Burlington Avenue around 11:15 a.m.
When police arrived at the scene they found a male victim in the driver's seat of a vehicle who had been shot.
Police have identified the victim as 17-year-old Kaaylon Pamplin, of Durham. Pamplin was transported to Duke Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. Eyewitnesses told ABC11 Pamplin is a student at Hillside High School.
Police are now searching for a red or burgundy Dodge Magnum with dark tinted windows.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 3 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation 24 min ago
- American University campus lockdown lifted 16 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 36 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 35 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help