Teen hospitalized after Johnston County crash
FOUR OAKS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 17-year-old girl was airlifted to the hospital after a wreck in Johnston County Sunday.
The accident happened around 1 p.m. on Boyette Road in Four Oaks.
A Chevrolet pickup rolled over, leaving the girl pinned inside. The driver of the vehicle was 23-year-old Salvador Franco, according to the Highway Patrol.
Franco's family told ABC11 that he is the boyfriend of the teen and that he is doing okay.
Duke airlifted Irene Alonso to WakeMed, and officials said she suffered head trauma in the accident. Officials have not released Alonso's condition.
When ABC11 contacted Franco, he declined to comment on what caused the crash.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation 55 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 43 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 23 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help