Teen hospitalized after Johnston County crash
FOUR OAKS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 17-year-old girl was airlifted to the hospital after a wreck in Johnston County Sunday.
The accident happened around 1 p.m. on Boyette Road in Four Oaks.
A Chevrolet pickup rolled over, leaving the girl pinned inside. The driver of the vehicle was 23-year-old Salvador Franco, according to the Highway Patrol.
Franco's family told ABC11 that he is the boyfriend of the teen and that he is doing okay.
Duke airlifted Irene Alonso to WakeMed, and officials said she suffered head trauma in the accident. Officials have not released Alonso's condition.
When ABC11 contacted Franco, he declined to comment on what caused the crash.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Large amount of meth found near RDU airport 24 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Officials investigating possible tornado...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos