Woman's body found in Lake Lynn
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh Police Department spokesperson said Monday that detectives were investigating the discovery of a woman's body in Lake Lynn.
Police said they were the ones who found the body of 60-year-old Gulalay Bahawdory in the water on the northeast side of Lake Lynn.
They were following up on a missing person's report filed last night after Bahawdory failed to make it home.
A police officer found her car parked at Lake Lynn and they searched some Sunday night, but it was dark, and so they took up the search again Monday morning. They finally found her body in the water in front of an apartment complex just off Ray Road.
The spokesperson said the initial investigation did not show any signs of foul play.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos