Man rescued after 2 days down embankment
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A man was rescued after falling down an embankment in Fayetteville and being trapped there for almost two days.
Officials said a 56-year-old man fell down a 120 foot embankment and landed in the Cross Creek over the weekend.
It happened off the Laurel Loop Trail in the Cape Fear Botanical Garden.
Authorities said the man was partially in the creek for two days before someone heard him yelling for help.
It is still unclear how he fell.
The man is being treated at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
cumberland county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 2 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help