Mangum tries to fire lawyer
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Crystal Mangum wants to fire a third lawyer.
Woody Vann told ABC11 that Mangum sent him a fax from the Durham County Jail, asking that he remove himself from her case.
Mangum is charged with stabbing her boyfriend, who later died.
Vann said he'll file a motion requesting to be removed from the case Tuesday. However, the judge has the final say.
There could be a hearing over the matter, or a judge could issue an order.
If Vann is removed, it will be the third lawyer requesting to be taken off Mangum's case.
durham county, durham police, duke lacrosse, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge... 37 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help