Warrant: Man confessed to killing wife
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County man accused of gunning down his wife near an elementary school in August confessed his guilt to investigators according to warrants made public Wednesday.
As ABC11 has previously reported, 64-year-old Mario Vellotti also made a calm 911 call shortly after the shooting and told an operator "I just shot my wife."
Police say Vellotti killed 43-year-old Agata Filipska Vellotti at a townhome community in Wakefield on Colbert Creek Loop near North Forest Pines Elementary School August 30.
According to court records, the couple was separated and fighting for custody of their 6-year-old son. Earlier this summer, a Wake County judge issued a domestic violence protection order against Vellotti.
Mario Vellotti remains in jail charged with murder.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches