Warrant: Man confessed to killing wife
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County man accused of gunning down his wife near an elementary school in August confessed his guilt to investigators according to warrants made public Wednesday.
As ABC11 has previously reported, 64-year-old Mario Vellotti also made a calm 911 call shortly after the shooting and told an operator "I just shot my wife."
Police say Vellotti killed 43-year-old Agata Filipska Vellotti at a townhome community in Wakefield on Colbert Creek Loop near North Forest Pines Elementary School August 30.
According to court records, the couple was separated and fighting for custody of their 6-year-old son. Earlier this summer, a Wake County judge issued a domestic violence protection order against Vellotti.
Mario Vellotti remains in jail charged with murder.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 45 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 23 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 41 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 33 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 45 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
18 min ago