Butner inmate escapes
BUTNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- An inmate at the Butner Satellite Prison Camp has escaped.
Officials said 57-year-old Bobby Eugene Crews, was discovered missing from the facility around 4 p.m.
He is described as white male, 5'8" tall, weighing 180 pounds with brown eyes, and gray hair. He has a tattoo of a cross with "NC" on his left forearm and a tattoo of a shield with a sword and a ball and chain on his right upper arm. He also has a scar on his right upper arm.
Crews, originally from Madison, N.C., was sentenced in South Carolina on 2007 to serve a 200 month sentence on drug and firearms charges and an 8 years term of supervision. He could have been released as soon as Dec. 15, 2020.
Anyone has any information about Crews' whereabouts should contact the nearest office of Federal Bureau of Investigations.
granville county, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 24 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 2 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 20 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 12 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 24 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy