Shooting reported in Orange County
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A shooting is under investigation in Orange County.
Sheriff's deputies were called to Peace Street near Rosewood Cemetery around 6:15 p.m. Thursday.
When authorities arrived, they found 25-year-old Christopher Paul Carey suffering from several gunshot wounds. He told officials that he had been shot by a passenger in a dark green late-90s model four-door Honda Accord with North Carolina tags that went north on West Hill Avenue and west on Hwy 70. Three men were allegedly in the vehicle.
Carey was taken to a local hospital and was last listed in stable condition.
Authorities said they did not believe the shooting was a random act. The investigation is on-going at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Office at (919) 644-3050 and ask for Investigator Greg Strowd, Investigator Tony White, or Lt. Randy Hawkins.
orange county, shooting, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake