Fayetteville woman killed in traffic accident
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville woman was killed in a crash Friday afternoon.
The accident happened at Cliffdale Road and Lynhurst Drive just before 3 p.m.
Officers said 53-year-old Clark McKinley was driving a 2003 Pontiac van and was trying to make a left turn from Lynhurst onto Cliffdale Road. According to officials, McKinley failed to yield to the right of way and struck a Jeep, causing the Jeep to rollover.
The Jeep was driven by 21-year-old Abigail Borgstadt. She was killed in the crash.
McKinley was not injured. He is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and failure to yield the right of way.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake