Suspect arrested in Durham teen's murder
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police arrested 19-year-old Jamaal Lowery in connection with the murder of 17-year-old Kaaylon Pamplin.
Pamplin was shot in the head last Saturday morning near the intersection of Nebo Street and Burlington Avenue. Pamplin died Tuesday from his injuries.
Pamplin was a student at Hillside High School.
Police said Lowery was arrested around 10 p.m. Friday. He was charged with first-degree murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar 13 min ago