Man killed in Wake County accident
ROCKY MOUNT (WTVD) -- A Rocky Mount man was killed in an accident Sunday evening.
Exactly what happened remains unclear, but it appeared 50-year-old Charles McGee had pulled over on the left shoulder of the bridge over Knightdale Boulevard on the US 64 Bypass to work on his daughter's vehicle which had stalled there earlier.
That's when the driver of a BMW slammed into the back of McGee's vehicle.
McGee's daughter told ABC11 that her father was loving, kind and God-fearing man.
"I'm comfortable knowing that my father is at peace and I know that he's in heaven," said Neshoba Gorham. "That's what comforts me and gets me along the way."
The State Highway Patrol said charges will be filed. However, they still have to sort out which of the two men inside the BMW was driving and what his state of mind was at the time of the crash to figure out what happened and what charges to file.
They have also not yet figured out why the BMW ran off the road or if alcohol was involved.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help