Man killed in Wake County accident
ROCKY MOUNT (WTVD) -- A Rocky Mount man was killed in an accident Sunday evening.
Exactly what happened remains unclear, but it appeared 50-year-old Charles McGee had pulled over on the left shoulder of the bridge over Knightdale Boulevard on the US 64 Bypass to work on his daughter's vehicle which had stalled there earlier.
That's when the driver of a BMW slammed into the back of McGee's vehicle.
McGee's daughter told ABC11 that her father was loving, kind and God-fearing man.
"I'm comfortable knowing that my father is at peace and I know that he's in heaven," said Neshoba Gorham. "That's what comforts me and gets me along the way."
The State Highway Patrol said charges will be filed. However, they still have to sort out which of the two men inside the BMW was driving and what his state of mind was at the time of the crash to figure out what happened and what charges to file.
They have also not yet figured out why the BMW ran off the road or if alcohol was involved.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover 1 min ago
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary