Arrest made in infant's murder
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police have arrested a Fayetteville man in connection with the death of a 23 month old.
On Oct. 7, 23-month-old Tylee Fields was taken to the hospital with injuries. He died two days later.
Based on the medical examiner's findings and the investigation by detectives, it was determined that Fields died of injuries sustained while in the care of Jabrenne Carter.
Carter was arrested Monday. The 20 year old is charged with first degree murder and felony child abuse.
According to police, Carter is not related to Fields, but he lived with the child's mother and the child at the time of the murder.
homicide, cumberland county, local/state
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State 7 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest 34 min ago
- Father sought after baby found with burns 27 min ago
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches 46 min ago
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season