Police: Student dies following party
APEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- An Apex High School student has died one week after ingesting LSD at a party.
Apex police said 17-year-old Timothy Castaneda was partying with friends behind the Beaver Creek Cinema on Oct. 6 when he collapsed.
Police said there were about 20 teenagers at the party and they all fled when officers arrived about 2 a.m.
Three teenagers, however, stayed with Castaneda, who was rushed to the hospital. Castaneda died over the weekend.
Grief counselors were at Apex High school Monday.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener 53 min ago
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials