Driver sought in fatal hit-and-run
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A grief stricken husband and father is asking the public for help to catch his wife's killer.
Robert Sutton's wife was killed two-and-a-half months ago by a hit-and-run driver. Police said their search for the motorist is at a dead end.
"She is not replacable [sic]," said Robert Sutton.
Sutton was with his wife, Hilda, for almost 24 years. Now, he is empty and lonely.
"Her not being here, not seeing that face, the smiles the jokes," he said.
Hilda was killed Aug. 5 around 2 a.m. by a hit-and-run driver. She was trying to cross Owen Drive. Police said the driver didn't stop.
"At this point, we know we are looking for a smaller dark colored sedan possibly tinted windows because one of the witnesses said they could not see in the windows, and definitely damage to the front area of the hood and possibly the windshield," said Fayetteville Police Sgt. Eric Dow.
Police said a witness told them the car seemed to speed up, hit Sutton, stop briefly, and then sped off.
Robert Sutton said he and his family just want closure.
"I would say anyone who had information to catch the lady or man who ever did it, please help me to find out to help her rest ," said Sutton. "I would love for that to happen."
There is an up to $2,000 Crime Stoppers reward for information in this case.
cumberland county, accident, local/state, greg barnes
- Winds, thunderstorms blow in ahead of chilly temps 6 min ago
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods 53 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 39 min ago
- Target apologizes for 'thigh gap' Photoshop fail 37 min ago
- Felony charges unlikely in Gates Four shooting 25 min ago
- Hazmat scare at Raleigh gas station over
- Abaroa agrees to plea deal 22 min ago
- No charges in Durham police shooting
- 4-year-old tells police brother attacked him
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school 52 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 21 min ago
- Weather hampers clean-up efforts in Orange...
10 min ago
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of...
48 min ago