911 calls released in teen's LSD overdose
APEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities have released a dramatic 911 call from a friend of an Apex teen who died after taking LSD. The call, which was made from the woods behind the Beaver Creek shopping center in Apex, was made public Wednesday afternoon.
Police said 15 to 20 people were at the party early in the morning of Oct. 6.
Seventeen-year-old Timmy Castaneda had taken two hits of LSD according a search warrant filed in the case. Police have charged fellow Apex High School student Ryan Laches with selling Castaneda the drugs.
The caller told the 911 dispatcher that Castaneda had taken the LSD about three hours earlier.
Caller: "He's on acid. He's on LSD -- lysergic acid. Come on! No, Timmy! Pull through! Timmy, pull through!"
By the time 911 was called, Castaneda was having seizures.
Caller: "I don't. I honestly don't know what to do. I've never been, awww, he's foaming. He's foaming at the mouth."
Dispatcher: "I want you to turn him on his side."
Caller: "Turn him on his side. Come on. Help me get him on his side. Get him on his side!"
The caller said Castaneda was breathing but moaning. At one point, the caller said Castaneda was twitching and blood was coming from his mouth, then it got worse.
Caller: "He's not breathing."
Dispatcher: "He's not breathing? Okay I'm going to tell you..."
Caller: "He's going into another convulsion. He's going into another convulsion."
Dispatcher: "Okay, if he's having a convulsion he's not going to be breathing."
Caller: "Alright, he's back. He's breathing again."
However, when paramedics arrived a minute later, Castaneda was no longer breathing or responding.
Castaneda was taken to the hospital where he died a week later.
wake county, local/state, ed crump
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State 45 min ago
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Some daytime Crawleigh work delayed
51 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help