I-40 East ramp to I-540 to close overnight
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The NC DOT says it will close the exit ramp from I-40 East to I-540 East overnight for two or three nights, starting Monday, Oct. 22.
Officials said the closure is needed to do bridge work ahead of a major repaving project on I-540 between I-40 and east of U.S. 1.
The overnight closure will be in effect from 9 p.m. on Monday until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, and is expected to be repeated another night or two, depending on the weather.
Motorists on I-40 East needing to access I-540 East will travel an additional 1 1/2 miles to the second Airport Boulevard exit (#284-B), cross over I-40, then turn left onto the ramp for I-40 West and proceed to the I-540 East exit.
i40, i540, wake county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 9 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 38 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter