Missing man was in fatal crash
SILER CITY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash in Randolph County involving a missing Siler City man.
Troopers were called just before 2 a.m. Friday to a wreck at W. Buffalo Street and Hwy 22/42 near Bennett, NC just inside the Randolph County line.
The Patrol said a vehicle headed north apparently crossed the center line, hit a NC DOT warning sign, ran off a bridge, and struck a wall. The vehicle overturned, partially in a creek.
Investigators said the driver was 24-year-old Jesse Lewis Maness, who was last seen leaving a Siler City restaurant around 2 a.m. October 13.
An autopsy was planned.
chatham county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2 45 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help