Tanker carrying diesel fuel crashes
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Diesel fuel leaked onto a Fayetteville street in an accident early Wednesday involving a tanker truck.
It happened around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Ramsey Street and the Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway.
Authorities said the 18-wheeler's fuel tank ruptured in the crash. It is unclear what caused the accident or if anyone was hurt.
Ramsey Street was closed to outbound traffic while hazardous materials crews cleaned up the spill.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 15 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 11 min ago
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
32 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help