Police arrest man after standoff along I-40
CARY (WTVD) -- Several police officers were seen with guns drawn along Interstate 40 in Cary early Wednesday morning while attempting to arrest a man.
The person apparently fled into a wooded area along the shoulder of the westbound lanes of I-40 near NC 54.
Police tried to persuade the suspect - a man allegedly involved in a domestic dispute overnight - to surrender, but the man told police he had a gun, which prompted a standoff.
The man apparently got caught in a thick briar patch during the standoff, making it impossible for a police dog to get to him.
Police apprehended the unidentified man around 7:30 a.m.
At least four Cary police patrol cars were parked along I-40 for several hours, but no lanes were closed.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches