Victim identified in Wilson homicide
WILSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a homicide at an apartment complex in the 1900 block of Lipscomb Road in Wilson.
Pictures from Chopper 11 HD showed crime tape up around cars in a parking lot at Beacon Pointe Apartments.
Police confirmed one man was found shot to death just before 9:30 a.m.
Wilson police have identified the victim as 29-year-old Ronnie Earl Griffin Jr., of Raleigh.
Anyone with information about Griffin's death is asked to contact the Wilson Police Department at (252) 399-2323.
Several nearby schools were put on lockdown as a precaution following the shooting. They included Darden Middle School, Barnes Elementary School, Wilson Early College, Wilson County Community College, and The Eastern NC School for the Deaf.
wilson county, shooting, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help