Motorcyclist dies after colliding with school bus
BENSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A motorcyclist who collided with a school bus Wednesday afternoon on Lansing Drive in Benson, has died.
According to authorities, 45-year-old Carol Lynn Sutherland of Willow Springs died at WakeMed in Raleigh after her Harley Davidson motorcycle collided with bus #54 from McGees Crossroads Elementary School just before 5 p.m.
Only a few kids were on the bus when the accident happened. They were not hurt.
Sutherland was wearing a helmet.
Further details about the accident have not been released.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University 51 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help