Kroger to close two Raleigh locations
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Kroger is expected to close its locations on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and New Bern Avenue in Raleigh in mid-January.
Kroger's New Bern Avenue and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard stores have been in operation since 1993 and 2002 respectively.
Fourteen stores will remain open in Wake and Durham Counties.
A statement said the company will try to secure employment for workers in the store that will stay open.
"As a grocer committed to providing our local shoppers with quality food and healthy options while keeping costs low, we are truly saddened to see the doors close to locations that have been present in the community for more than a decade," said Carl York, advertising & public relations manager for Kroger's mid-Atlantic marketing region. "We thank all the customers who are loyal shoppers at these stores and encourage them to visit our other locations in the Triangle. Kroger will continue its commitment to invest in our local community however we can."
The company said both locations being closed have been unprofitable.
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 4 min ago
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Law enforcement officials go Christmas shopping with kids 57 min ago
- North Korea deports captive US tourist and Korean War vet 11 min ago
- Police: Newlyweds killed man for thrills 17 min ago
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help