Hedgepeth's family seeks answers weeks after murder
WARRENTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Friday will mark seven weeks since a UNC student was found murdered in her Chapel Hill apartment. What exactly happened to Faith Hedgepeth, and who's responsible for her death remains unclear.
"We love our family. We loved her," said Faith's sister, Rolanda Hedgepeth. "Like I told her on my last interview, we're looking to forgive. Forgiveness is for us so that we can move on."
However, moving on has been a challenge. Faith's family is hoping text messages the night before her death may offer police helpful clues.
"She would text me about every 2-3 days," said Rolanda.
Rolanda said the night before Faith's murder; her sister sent a simple message to Rolanda's daughter. She asked if Lexis was registered to vote.
Hours later, the UNC student would be dead, which is a source of confusion for her family.
"It seemed like a normal day," said Rolanda. "We wish we knew what happened."
ABC11 has learned that investigators have conducted interviews in the case this week. However, police remain tight lipped on details. Even the police chief was reluctant to discuss the case.
Meanwhile, Rolanda asked anyone with information on her sister's death to contact police.
orange county, warren county, homicide, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Tornado, thunderstorm warnings issued 2 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 31 min ago
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges 51 min ago
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named 8 min ago
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder 17 min ago
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- NC House looks at raising speed limit to 75 mph 12 min ago
- Man shot to death in Durham
- Inmate dies after fight with detention center officer
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named
8 min ago
- NC House looks at raising speed limit to 75...
12 min ago