Goodyear workers approve buyout
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Workers at the Goodyear tire plant in Fayetteville have reached an agreement that allows the company to offer buy-outs to workers.
That means 224 workers will be offered $2,000 per year of service, up to $50,000.
Goodyear said it needed to eliminate 200 jobs at the Fayetteville plant.
The buy-out will avoid layoffs, if enough workers take advantage of the offer.
Buy-out talks are expected to begin Monday.
cumberland county, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 27 min ago
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75