Two Fort Bragg soldiers killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense said Saturday that two Fort Bragg soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan.
The men died of wounds suffered Oct. 25 when their unit was attacked by small arms fire in Khas Uruzgan, Oruzgan Province.
Staff Sgt. Kashif M. Memon, 31, of Houston, Texas, was assigned to the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne), 95th Civil Affairs Brigade.
Sgt. Clinton K. Ruiz, 22, of Murrieta, Calif, was assigned to the 9th Military Information Support Battalion (Airborne), 8th Military Information Support Group.
fort bragg, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2 15 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help