Missing woman found dead in Durham crash
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a fatal traffic accident that happened on Camden Avenue between Midland Terrace and Mist Lake Drive.
The accident was discovered shortly before 9 a.m. Monday when workers noticed a car down an embankment.
The driver, 78-year-old Peggy Conway Riley, was found inside the car and pronounced dead at the scene.
A Silver Alert had been issued for Riley on Sunday by the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said the vehicle ran off the left side of the road, went down an embankment and landed in a creek.
Investigators are trying to determine when the accident occurred and what caused it.
durham county, local/state
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill 37 min ago
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions 9 min ago
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos