Sheriff: Man hid in dishwasher
WENDELL, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Johnston County Sheriff's Office says a man's two weeks on the run came to an end in an unusual place - his dishwasher.
Deputies said 41-year-old Donald Robert Price Jr., of Highway 231, Wendell, was originally wanted on a charge of not paying child support.
On October 9, Price was spotted by an officer driving near his home who tried to stop him. But the sheriff said Price sped away, and eventually jumped from his car and ran - escaping arrest.
Deputies said they got a tip October 24 that Price was hiding in his home on Highway 231 and went looking for him.
During a search of the home, deputies didn't immediately see Price, but a more thorough search located him hiding inside his dishwasher.
Price is now charged with felony fleeing to elude arrest, reckless driving, driving on a revoked license, failing to heed to a blue light or siren, and the original failure to pay child support warrant.
He was jailed under a $25,000 bond.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
johnston county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos