Raleigh police investigating fatal shooting
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a fatal shooting at a local mobile home park.
It happened around 1 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Foxhall Village Drive near Buffaloe Road.
Authorities said that when officers arrived at the scene, they found a man who had been shot to death. He was later identified as 42-year-old Alfonso Canjay.
Neighbors told ABC11 that police said Canjay was shot and killed after he chased two people who were allegedly breaking into cars. Neighbors said Canjay was a homeowner who was married with children and a hard worker.
According to a 911 call released by Raleigh Police,Canjay's daughter said her mother woke her up after her father ran after two men. She said her mother heard gunshots and called out to her father, but he did not answer.
Police are currently looking for two men in a black two-door sedan. The first suspect was decribed as a Hispanic man in his late 20s and standing 5 feet, 6 to 8 inches tall. He was last seen wearing a blue-gray hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect was also decribed as a Hispanic man in his late 20s, standing 5 feet, 6 to 8 inches tall. He was bald and was wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers web site at for instructions on reporting a tip online or by text message.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help