Wake middle school teacher facing sex charge
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A teacher at a Wake County middle school was arrested Tuesday and charged with first-degree sexual offense with a child.
Ronald Alan Olson, 24, worked at Wendell Middle School.
A Wake County Public School System spokesperson said Olson stepped down from his position the day before his arrest.
According to an arrest warrant filed by the Wake County Sheriff's Office, the alleged sex offense took place with one child under the age of 13 between August 3 and October 24.
Olson had a court appearance Wednesday. Bond was set at $600,000.
wake county, sex offense, wake county schools, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help