Students taken to hospital in school bus accident
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A school bus was rear-ended in Johnston County Thursday afternoon at U.S. Highway 301 and Galilee Road in Smithfield.
The bus from Smithfield Middle School was hit from behind by a car. There were 30 students on board at the time of the crash.
Officials said seven students and the drivers of both vehicles were taken to Johnston Medical Center.
The injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
This collision remains under investigation. Charges may be pending.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 56 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 49 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
53 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
57 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
50 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help